What’s the biggest challenge for a working mother? Me, TIME! My job entails long hours in the office and outside, looking at sales numbers everyday, reports, meetings one after another, client calls..means, I get lesser time for the children. Anyway, I’m maybe a working mother, but I’m a mother first. I love my family so much (I think everybody did) and my children remain as first priority. Hence, I must make this juggling motherhood-a career work for me! Daily, on what I always do, it might not be the best, but I am trying my very best..
- In the morning, wake up early, prepare some quick breakfast for them. It could be peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, or hotdog, macaroni & cheese, or 'cucur ikan bilis', 'jemput-jemput pisang'..those are their favourites!
- Bath them, play bubbles..
- My hubby & I sent my kids to school every morning. 20 minutes drive to school is very valuable time spent with them by reciting Quran together, sing some Nasyid or some 'Akademi Fantasia' song! Or just talk, about Teacher Umi (Danish's favourite's teacher), or Aiman Farid & Aiman Feeraz(Khalis's best friends)..Sometimes we watch DVD in the car-Disney movies are the best!
- Kids off to school by 8am, still have sometime for me & hubby. On the way to office, we would stop by at the restaurant to had our breakfast, just the two of us..we always make sure that we car- pool together, so we had a quality time in the car, for us to laugh at the 'Kerinting 3 @Suriafm, or talk about our dream car, retirement plan, etc..Lucky our office is on the same route.
- Although I might be very busy with all the work, I'll make sure I made a quick phone call to kids when they're back from school. They are tired with all the things that happened at school, and our voice could at least soothe them..true, try it..
- Quick call again in the afternoon. Kids are waiting for you to comeback already. Just update them that you're on your way back!
- At night, pray & read Quran, check their school bags, assist them in their homework, read together until they're all tired and fall asleep..
All these, are easy to say, but this is where all the sacrifices and compromises come in. Hence, I always believe it is possible for a woman to be successful in career, and at the same time a great mother for the children..followed by 'Doa'..amin..blessed to all Mothers in the world..
|Quick 'snap', otw to school..|
|Smile Danish! One photo before going to school!..|